Execution IS the Strategy: How Leaders Achieve Maximum Results in Minimum Time by Laura Stack
My friend and fellow speaker Laura Stack’s newest book, Execution IS the Strategy, hits bookstores on March 3, 2014! Laura has been working with leaders in the areas of strategy execution, employee productivity, and team performance for 22 years, and I’m pleased to highly recommend her work and her books.
I had the opportunity to meet Laura in person when I worked at Archbishop Curley High School in Baltimore. Seeing first hand how her productivity strategies work for school folks, I'm excited to see this new book hit bookstores. The emphasis on strategy is particularly attractive for me and my role as a head of school.
Laura Stack believes a leader’s biggest challenge isn’t creating the strategy—it’s executing the strategy. It’s not about who has the best ideas—it’s who executes their ideas the best. Execution IS the Strategy shows you how to quickly drive strategic initiatives and get great results from your team. Laura’s L-E-A-D Formula™ outlines the conditions that must be present in your workplace for successful execution to occur:
L = Leverage: Are you strong enough as a leader, and do you have the right people and drivers in place to achieve your strategic priorities? If not, then you have a talent/resource issue.
E = Environment: Do you have the organizational atmosphere, practices, and unwritten ground rules to allow your employees to easily support your strategic priorities? If not, you have a cultural/engagement issue.
A = Alignment: Do your team members’ daily activities move them toward the accomplishment of the organization’s ultimate goals? If not, then you have a communication/productivity issue.
D = Drive: Are your organization’s leaders, teams, and employees nimble enough to move quickly once the first three keys are in place? If not, you have a speed/agility issue
What I really like about Laura’s work is the abundance of complimentary educational resources she’s providing with your book purchase (an incredible value for less than twenty bucks!):
- A one-year subscription to her Strategic Execution online video series for leaders. Each five-minute weekly video comes with a transcript and a "training blueprint" with key points, discussion questions, and an exercise to help you take the learning back to your team. These videos provide valuable discussion points for your meetings and performance issues.
- An excerpt of the book with Table of Contents, Introduction, and Chapter 1 to whet your appetite and forward to your team.
- A Leader Guide and a Discussion Guide to help you run a book club.
- An online assessment of the Execution Quotient from the book, which will help you discover which of 36 obstacles are preventing your team from getting things done. You’ll discover where you’re stuck in the L-E-A-D Formula.
- A link to download thousands of dollars in additional leadership resources from several expert authors, including Joe Calloway, Liz Weber, Daniel Burrus, Kristin Arnold, Barry Banther, Dianna Booher, and Janelle Barlow.
- A four-part video series on the Four Keys of Successful Strategic Execution in the L-E-A-D Formula™ to share with your team. Use these training videos over the next month in your staff meetings for a great conversation starter on driving results. (this one is my personal favorite!)
To get this great package with your book purchase, go to http://theproductivitypro.com/execution/bonus. Laura Stack will equip your leaders with the knowledge, skills, and inspiration to help them hit the ground running and turn your strategy into performance!