The Many Reasons for Gratitude
Gratitude is a word that I love using around Thanksgiving and Christmas. After all, we really do have a lot to be thankful for. Gratitude conveys appreciation, humility and often the recollection of others in our lives.
Grateful people are also easy to be around.
I'm thankful for so many, many things and people... here are just a few that make me smile this Thanksgiving:
- My faith in Christ and the patience He has with me
- My loving wife and four amazing children
- My parents, my brothers and their families
- My work as a Catholic school leader
- My home and neighborhood
- My parish and the families who make it special
- The Missionary Cenacle Family and the many holy men and women in it
- My spiritual director and his wisdom
- My friends, both near and far
- The readers and subscribers of this blog
- The productivity people who challenge and encourage me
- My health and wellbeing
- Reading and time alone
- The country we live and its many freedoms
Whether you are alone or with friends this Thanksgiving, take some time this weekend to generate your own list of people and things that cause gratitude.
What are you thankful for? Happy Thanksgiving!