Fridays are pretty great. We look forward to them. They mark the end of either drudgery or vocation during the week. I don't know about you but I find the mere existence of Friday makes Monday through Thursday a bit more tolerable.
Thanks be to God for inventing Fridays. Really good stuff there.
From a productivity and spirituality perspective, Fridays are also useful insofar as you can tie a ribbon on your week. When you do that, the weekend and the following week go better. Here are five simple things you can do to end your week on a high note:
1. Do a weekly review. Remember the last time you did a true GTD weekly review? If it's been a while, now is the time to get quiet and review your project list and plan for the next week.
2. Find one spiritual reading for the weekend. Whether it's a New Testament reading or something from Relevant Magazine, find something to save and then get alone with it later in the weekend.
3. Plan an outdoor activity. When was the last time that you actually researched an outdoor activity?
4. Clean up your workspace. There is nothing better than to start your week on Monday having cleaned it up on Friday.
5. Surprise your loved ones. You can pick up flowers for your wife, rent a silly movie for the kids or buy a bunch of legos for your son (or yourself). People like surprises and Fridays are perfect for delighting those you love with something out of the ordinary.
So how will you use your Friday?