Sunday Night Reflections from Pentecost Sunday
- Fr. Pat, "Today is a great day to be the church!" Well said from someone who has led the parish for almost twenty years.
- Text messaging is not cool in church. Tell the lady in front of me, please. I think her name is Denise based on her messages.
- Support your pastor, after all, he's got a lonely job. Shake his hand. Tell him he's cool. He needs your support.
- Being late for an 11:30AM Mass is not cool. Just ask me and my family. Guilty as charged.
- Look around- lots of holy, hurting and happy people trying to draw closer to Christ. St. Augustine said that the Church is supposed to be full of sinners.
- Mass on a nice day is almost always more enjoyable. Now if we could just figure out how to program that piece of things.
- Homilies are complicated so try to take just one thing away from them. What's your takeaway from today?
- Joy- that's the key point that I took away from Fr. Pat's message. People who say they're Christian should be visibly joyful people.
Have a great week. Make it great for someone else. Make it a workweek that is truly spiritual.