Mission Statements and the Year of St. Paul
Sort of like your organization's mission statement- unless you hear it often and buy into it, you'll forget it.
What can you do to spread the core meaning of your mission statement? You can become an evangelist of your mission by:
- Using a visual image to display it (Rick Warren is a master at this, using baseball diamonds to describe the purpose driven church)
- Talking about it often and then allowing others to talk about it
- Holding a corporate retreat around the mission's core meaning
- Awarding those who carry out the mission in practical ways
- Simplifying your statement (most organizations have a mission statement that's way too long)
Have some fun in the next month by finding a creative way to share your mission with those around you.