I'm thinking of simple things like:
- Scheduling family and friends' birthdays into Outlook or Google Calendar
- Charging your cell phone before its battery runs down
- Clearing off your desk before you leave for the day
- Responding to email before it gets lost in the shuffle of a bloated in-box
- Touching a piece of mail once rather than marching it around your office in search of a home
- Filing a little at a time
Imagine what things would be like if we practiced preventative productivity instead of reactive work...