A Monday Checklist for Week-long Results
(photo by Two Travelers)
For folks who are into productivity, doing the weekly review is akin to Catholics who donate large sums of money- it rarely happens. If a recent CARA study is accurate, then the latter only give .7% of their income to charity.
I wonder how many GTD aficionados actually do their weekly review...on a weekly basis. Whatever the case, here is a simple check-list for starting your week off on a good foot.
- Look over last week's to-do list. What didn't you get to, what did you put off, what needs attention?
- Look over last week's phone log. Who must you contact today, Tuesday or Wednesday? Who would you like to call but didn't have the time?
- Look ahead to this week's schedule. What meetings are you facing? For what must you prepare? What additional to-do items are generated by this step?
- Look over my projects list. What's on your "hot list"? What isn't due for a while but can use some momentum this week?
- Schedule my "Big Rock" items: family, faith, physical and social. How will I be purposeful about spending quality time with my family? When will I take time for journaling and prayer? How often will I work out? What can I do to stay connected to my friends?